BONDAGE, DISCIPLINE, AND…. LOVE?
First print edition of webcomic sensation out in December
Here’s a five page preview of Sunstone, a graphic novel first print edition of a webcomic by creator Stjepan Sejic, on sale December 24th, 2014 from Image Comics / Top Cow.
A webcomic sensation and #1 bestseller on Amazon, with tens of millions of views on DeviantArt, SUNSTONE by Stjepan Sejic is being published as a graphic novel in December by Image Comics/Top Cow. The story of two women who find love through their shared passion for bondage, SUNSTONE is poised to introduce readers to a new kind of S&M story, one that will surprise readers with the heart and humanity of its story.
Ally and Lisa are happy, well-adjusted young women, but they’re both a little lonely. Ally loves the creativity of being a “domme” in her sex life but hasn’t found the right person to share it with. And Lisa… Well, Lisa loves to be tied up. When they find each other online, they know they have to meet. But bondage is all about trust, and even after they’ve explored every facet of their sexuality together, Ally and Lisa will find the ultimate test of this trust lies in three simple words.
Writer and artist Stjepan Sejic (APHRODITE IX, DEATH VIGIL) has one word for the fan response to SUNSTONE: “overwhelming.” He attributes the success of his love story to its themes.
“I don’t just mean the obvious ones of fetishism and general sexuality,” he clarified. “In Sunstone, the main theme is in fact human nature. Sunstone has over time become a book showing the very human and understandable nature of fetishism and people responded to that.”
Sejic categorizes the comments he’s gotten from reader three ways:
- I came for the art but got hooked and stayed for the story.
- I’m not into bdsm but this made me understand it.
- This story helped me make some sense of my own fetishism.
And finally, the comments Sejic says he “will forever treasure,” are notes from couples who thank him for SUNSTONE helping them share what they had been too embarrassed to tell their partners.
SUNSTONE readers are the best ambassadors of this unique story, so here are what a few die-hard fans had to say when they were asked why they love it:
- “Loved it from its inception and will love it forevermore. It shows the reality behind the BDSM life. And frankly my friends and I needed that. It shows that there isn’t anything wrong with us… We just don’t like vanilla. ;)” – @ErinMorragin
- “The series is too much fun. A character-driven take on the subject & one hell of a gorgeous comic.” – @Elysian_Chaos
- “#Sunstone is a fantastic comic for anyone who loves great art, relatable characters, a beautiful love story, and a bit of kink!” – @Jo_Techsmith
- “started following for the art and unique theme, stayed for the story. The sun is always brighter with a new page of #sunstone” – @Gumberian
- “Because the art will draw you in, but the story will keep you – bound, if you will.” – @MooskieNet
- “been following since it was just concept art on DA! Killer aesthetic, with great character and story. What’s not to love?” – @Gospodin
A must-read for erotica fans, SUNSTONE will be in comic book stores on December 24 and bookstores on January 6. It is available for pre-order now.
SUNSTONE by Stjepan Sejic
- ISBN 978-1-63215-212-1
- Diamond Comic order code OCT140613
- 128 pages, paperback, full color
- In comic book stores December 24, bookstores January 6
- Rated Mature
- Retailers, librarians, and reviewers may request a PDF galley from Jennifer de Guzman, Director of Trade Book Sales, [email protected]
– The Comic Book Critic